Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why Blog?

I've had several blogs over the years. I even had one before they were called blogs (we just called them "pages" then). So why-the-frig am I starting a new one? There are several reasons. I'll list a few:
  • Sometimes i just want to write a note to myself and a blog is good place to do that.
  • Writing is a skill and I do not do enough of it lately. My hope is that I'll come here often and dump/organize/reconsider ideas and in the process improve my general as well as developer-related writing skills (yeah, good luck with that).
  • Why not? I mean it's so freaking easy to do these days. I setup up this Blogger account in like zero minutes.

Another question I have for myself is, "who is my audience?" Just me, I'm thinking. No one is going to read the drivel I put in here. There are lots of places for devs to read other real devs (I suck, my skills are weak, such is life). Here are some I read:

I guess I read some others but I can't think of them at the moment. It's times like this I wish I had some switches in my brain where, you know, it would actually work. Sheesh.

So that's it. First post done. I'll add another in a few but this pretty much sums up the beginning of this here place.

No comments: