Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Social Graphs Gone Wild

Social graphs have been around for a while. IM buddies, email lists and address books (old school black books) are forms of social graphs. While the idea is not new only recently have Myspace and Facebook brought the social graph into the larger public consciousness (Friendster and a few others were around even before them). Today there are many apps that try to tap into the "power" of the social graph: Twitter, FriendFeed, Orkut, etc. My goal is to figure out the best combination of these apps to "improve" my life. It's the entire thing isn't a net plus than I intend to dump. My current setup:

Facebook (profile pretty well filled out, modest number of friends added)
Twitter (integrated into Facebook now so will update more often)
FriendFeed (pulling in Flickr, Twitter, Delicious and YouTube)

Not yet integrated:
Blue Yak (group and message board)
AIM/ICQ
Email (this one seems iffy)

I'm sure I'm missing a few. I'll cogitate on this and write up my analysis.

No comments: